Media Center Launcher has three primary functions:
- It can launch any application from within Media Center
- It will monitor when the application exits and will restore Media Center to it's previous state
- It will monitor for the BACK remote command and will close the application if pressed
The application it launches is configurable via the ini file. By default it will run PowerDVD. Edit the INI file if you want it to open another application.
I've created a simple installer for it. It will register the application to be run when a Blu-ray or HD DVD is inserted and be listed under the Program Library. I noticed that I forgot to remove the dependency on .NET Framework 3.5 for the setup application, sorry.
- Download 32-bit: http://www.chi-town.com/mikinho/setup-mcrun-x86.msi
- Download 64-bit: http://www.chi-town.com/mikinho/setup-mcrun-x64.msi